The photo above shows the façade of the Escuela de Cristo church in La Antigua Guatemala, which is located to the southeast of the city in the way to El Calvario Church. It is on la Calle de los Pasos (the Steps Street) which takes its name from the Vía Crucis (Stations of the Cross). La Escuela de Cristo church was founded and established as such in 1689, later destroyed in the earthquakes of 1717, and finally rebuilt in 1730. More detailed information about its architecture and history, in Spanish, available here.
© 2007 – 2020, Rudy Giron. All rights reserved.